Seasonal Staff Positions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until all positions are filled. Applications submitted after January 31, 2021 may not be considered but, you are encouraged to still apply. If you have any questions, please send an email.
- Assistant Director (1)
- Cabin Leaders (14)
- Technology Support (2/3)
Read the 2021 NYSCamp staph job descriptions here.
- NYSCamp Staph Application
- A Professional Style Headshot
- Personal Statement
- Criminal Background Check – This will be completed after you have been offered a position on the staph, but your final hiring will be contingent upon a satisfactory report.
The National Youth Science Foundation strives to offer programs that meet the highest standards of fairness and sensitivity with respect to sex and gender, age, race, religion, national origin or physical condition. Behavior that contributes to the creation of an unwelcoming or hostile atmosphere of any kind will not be tolerated.
Base pay rate is $65 per day. This daily rate is increased by the sum of the following increments to recognize education, training, and experience working in NYSFoundation programs:
- Education Increments (Single increase for highest attained):
- Undergraduate Student:
- Completed Freshman Year: Base Pay Rate
- Completed Sophomore Year: $2/day
- Completed Junior Year: $4/day
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent: $6/day
- Graduate Student: $8/day
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent: $10/day
- Doctorate: $15/day
- Undergraduate Student:
- Relevant Professional License/Certification:
- Current Teaching License: $3/day
- Registered Nurse: Variable
- Other: Variable
- Experience Increments:
- $1/day per year of NYSCamp Staph experience
- $0.50/day per year of WV GSMS Staph experience
- $0.50/day per year of WVYSCamp Staph experience
- Positional Increments:
- Additional increments may be assigned by the director to reflect program responsibilities.
If you have more than one degree at a particular level, you will be recognized at the next highest level. For example, if you have both a B.A. and a B.S. then you would receive the increment for having a Master’s Degree. Please note that increments are not cumulative.
Example: A staph member who has worked 3 years at NYSCamp and 2 years at GSMS, and who holds a bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate, would be paid $78/day, which includes the $65 base pay, plus $6 bachelor’s degree, plus $3 teaching license, plus $3 NYSCamp experience (3 X $1), and plus $1 GSMS experience (2 X $0.50).
Important dates for 2021
- Initial employment offers issued around March 2021
- Staph Training TBA
- NYSCamp starts on June 28, 2021
- NYSCamp ends on July 21, 2021
- Post NYSCamp Staph Week TBA
* Staph is a traditional spelling for “Staff”; our enthusiasm and energy are infectious!