Alumnus of the Year
Each year the National Youth Science Foundation honors an alumnus of the National Youth Science Camp as its NYSCamp Alumnus of the Year to recognize outstanding achievements in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
To be considered:
- The nominee should have distinguished him or herself in their chosen STEM field of endeavor.
- The nominee should have made significant contributions to his or her community, on a local, state, national, or international level.
- The nominee should have demonstrated integrity in his/her personal life and gained the respect of those surrounding him/her.
- The nominee should have demonstrated a connection to the National Youth Science Foundation / National Youth Science Camp through volunteer activities (i.e., mentoring alumni, guest lecturing, etc).
- The nominee should have demonstrated a belief in the mission and purpose of the NYSCamp/NYSF through philanthropic support.
- 2017: Julie Robinson (ID 1985), NASA – International Space Station
- 2016: Anita Riddle (AZ 1980), Exxon-Mobil
- 2015: Rudolph Tanzi (RI 1976), Professor of Neurology, Harvard University
- 2014: David Thompson (SC 1972), President, CEO, and Co-Founder, Orbital Sciences
- 2013: Bill Conner (AR 1977), CEO, Entrust Corporation
- 2012: Wes Bush (WV 1979), President and CEO, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 2011: Omar Ahmad (FL 1982), Mayor, San Carlos, California